The Diocese of Lagos
- We are all invited to connect with our Bishop and Missioner, The Rt. Rev. Dr. Humphrey Bamisebi Olumakaiye on social media. Follow, like and share the Diocesan programs and activities via our handles:
Facebook, Instagram & Youtube: @dioceseoflagos
Facebook, Instagram & Twitter: @drolumakaiye.
We can also send in our Prayer requests and testimonies to: Prayers@dioceseoflagos.org
- Change of the name of the Mission Seed: On the directive of the Diocesan Bishop of Lagos, His Lordship The Right Reverend Humphrey Bamisebi Olumakaiye, this offering will now be known as Seed of Faith. The purpose remains the support of needy Dioceses, planting of Churches and strengthening of weaker Churches.
- Divine Mandate Partners: As part of the celebration of the Centenary anniversary of our Diocese, list of Divine Mandate Partners is being compiled. Please don’t hesitate to honour God if you are contacted.
- Diocesan Theme: The Diocesan His Lordship The Right Reverend Dr. Humphrey Bamisebi Olumakaiye has directed that starting from 2019, all the parishes in the Diocese will have a central theme. The theme for this year is MY YEAR OF RISING GLORY (2Cor. 3:18)
- Power for the Month: A three Day morning Prayer meeting on all the first three days of the month has commenced tagged Power for the Month.
- Monthly Diocesan Healing and Charismatic Service: This programme comes up every first Sunday of the month.
- ARCHBISHOP ABIODUN ADETILOYE COMPREHENSIVE COLLEGE
This school has received a new life under the management of the Diocesan Women’s and Girls’ Organisations led by the Bishop’s Wife Prof. Mrs. Motunrayo Olumakaiye. You can’t do wrong in committing the education of your children and wards to this school. The application forms for the academic year 2018/2019 are available with the Vicar’s Secretary. Please avail yourself of this wonderful opportunity.
- Diocesan Victory Night: This will hold on Friday, 1stFebruary, 2018 at The Cricket Pitch, Tafawa Balewa Square Lagos from 10.00pm. Please keep the date in mind and attend punctually.
- Centenary Celebration Wrist Bands: These are available for purchase from any of the Clergy Wives.
The Lagoon Archdeaconry
- A New Parish in Victoria Garden City: On the directive of the Diocesan Bishop of Lagos, His Lordship The Right Reverend Dr. Humphrey Bamisebi Olumakaiye, The Revd Canon Ifeanyi Ezenwa has been on a Mission to start a new Congregation at Victoria Garden City to be known as Anglican Church of the Beautiful Gate. This is in effect from January 2019. Please give him every assistance he may require.
- Movement of Clergy: The Diocesan Bishop recently effected some transfers of Clergy. Our Archdeaconry was affected thus: a. Ven. Williams Mehinsan from ANCODIP Adeba to St. John’s Church Aroloya. He will be replaced by The Ven. Victor O. Fasakin from All Souls’ Church Lekki
- The Revd Kingsley Oruma from St. Andrew’s Church Aiyeteju to St. Andrew’s Church Olodi-Apapa. He will be replaced by The Revd Samuel Idowu from St. Peter’s Church Faji Lagos
- The Revd Ayodeji Agunlejika to Revd Braithwaite Memorial Church Papa Epe.
All the movements will take effect on Friday, 18th January, 2018.
- Appeal for Support for the Purchase of Land for Anglican Church on the Rock, Gbetu: Our newly planted church in Gbetu Community has been able to identify two plots of land which would serve as the permanent site. Cost is ten million naira (N10m). Any assistance in this regard will be greatly appreciated.
- WELCOME– We welcome those worshipping with us for the first time, we are sure that the good Lord who brought you here will bless you. Please feel free to worship God and expect His rich blessings. Kindly see the wardens or any of the priests for further interaction.
- Completion of the Church Building Project
We are committed to completing our Church building project soonest. We want to thank all those that the Lord has used to bring the project to its present status and pray the Lord will replenish you all in a million fold. If however, we must meet our completion deadline, we need to raise a minimum of two hundred million naira (#200,000,000) vey urgently. I know that the good Lord who we have all been struggling to honour with the building will never let it become an abandoned project. Please let us all rise and make this final sacrifice to the honour and glory of our ever faithful God. I thank you very much for what the Lord will use each and every one of us to accomplish.
I also use this opportunity to remind all those who have pledged to underwrite the cost of various items to please begin to redeem their pledges. God bless you all forever.
3 NEEDS OF THE CHURCH
- A brand new official vehicle as the present one is no longer
able to meet our needs.
- A Toyota Hilux pick up to assist in the movement of goods as
well as for movement in the challenging terrain of our
- Chalices, Ciboria and flagons for Holy Communion (please
see the Vicar for specification)
- Holy Communion Wines
- A Big Standing Fan
- Scholarship for brilliant but indigent students: I am calling on the great members of ANCOPEN to kindly give scholarship to 5 brilliant but indigent students recently given admission at Archbishop Abiodun Adetiloye Comprehensive College Igboye. Cost of scholarship for the first term is two hundred and ten thousand six hundred naira (N210,600.00). Second and Third Terms will be One hundred and fifty thousand (N150,000.00) naira each . Please contact the Vicar if you are interested in sponsoring any of the students.
- Chief ‘Tunde Afolabi’s Scholarship: This is to remind you as well inform those who were absent on Adult’s Harvest Sunday about the criteria for applying for this scholarship;
- The student must be brilliant but indigent
- He/She must have admission into any of the Federal Universities in Nigeria. If your child meets the criteria, please submit his/her name and credentials in the Church Office. Please check the harvest programme for a more comprehensive detail.
6.Passionate Appeal For Assistance: One of our children in the Sunday School is facing a major medical challenge. There is a very urgent need to carry out series of surgeries to separate the fingers of both hands. The cost about two million naira (N2,000,000.00) for each finger. Other surgeries to be done include: Cranial Posterior Vault Expansion at a cost that is yet to be determined and Craniofacial Surgery at a cost that is yet to be determined. Any help in meeting this huge cost will be greatly appreciated. We all need to rise to give this child a chance. God bless you and continually provide for your needs.. We appreciate all those who are already responding.
- Donation to Church Clinic: The Church Clinic has kicked off from Monday to Friday at 4pm till 6pm. On behalf of the Medical Group, we solicit for donations of money to buy drugs, furniture and other clinic materials. Kindly meet the Vicar or any of the priests, if you are led to assist.
- Urgent Vacancy for the position of Sexton and Security Guards: The Church urgently require the services of these categories of Staff. Interested applicants should be Christians, preferably Anglicans, honest and able to relate with others. Minimum qualification for the Sexton is SSCE while that of the Security Guard is JSS Certificate. Interested applicants should apply immediately to The Vicar.
- Membership Registration: An appeal is being made to all our members that are yet to register to please ensure that they do so to assist the clergy in including them and their family in the Intercession list. We owe it a responsibility to uphold every single soul entrusted to our care in prayer. Please make our task possible by registering your name and that of your family. Thank you and God bless.
- Profound Appreciation of the Clergy and Family: All the Priests and our families express very profound gratitude to all of you for your uncommon generosity and benevolence throughout the year especially all your gift during this Christmas Season. The Lord will bless you and increase you on every side. Help will never be far from you and your loved ones. May the year 2019 be filled with testimonies for you and your loved ones. Thank you very much indeed.
- TRAIN A PRIEST PROJECT: This project will enable us assist any would-be priest who comes for assistance in our church. Kindly donate generously into the Church Account indicating the purpose or contact the Church Office.
- SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS: More teachers are needed in the children Sunday school classes. Interested members of the church should please see any of the priests.
- BEREAN GENERATION: We invite MEN who desire to be on fire for the Lord to join the above group. The aim is to encourage men to study the Bible and pray together, and build ourselves up to be Pastors in our home and God willing, in His Church. Join us on Monday. Registration starts by 6:30pm
- Offering in the Basket during Communion: Your offerings in the basket is what is used to support regularly the poor and the needy among us. Please always make a conscious effort to drop something tangible each time you come for Holy Communion. May the good Lord continue to supply all our needs.
- Collection of Certificates: Baptismal and Confirmation certificates are available in the church office for collection. Kindly pick your copy
- Appeal for the Donation of Household goods for one of our newly Ordained Priest: We appeal for your very kind support in assisting one of our newly ordained Priest to settle down and face the work of the ministry. We require (1) Gas Cylinder (2) Office Furniture (3)Rugs and Carpet . We sincerely appreciate all those who have given various items thus far. May God continue to bless you all.
- 2018 Family Harvest: We appreciate you all for your participation in this very important assignment. I assure you that the blessings of harvest will be permanent upon your household.
- We announce the death of Madam Clara Osayuware Uwaifo aged 85 years (Mrs. Osaro Guobadia’s Mother). Funeral details are as follows;
Thursday 31st January, 2019: Vigil Mass at 1 Aviation Way off Obayagbona Str. off Ekenwan Rd, Benin City @ 4pm
Friday 1st February, 2019: Funeral Mass at Holy Cross Cathedral, 53 Mission Road, Benin City at 10am
19 COMMUNITY HYMN SINGING: There are opportunities for individuals to host it to celebrate memorable events on the First Sundays of the month, Kindly see the Vicar if you are interested while the third Sundays will be sponsored by the Birthday Celebrants for that month. The roster for the year is indicated below:
6th January – Vacant
3rd February – Vacant
3rd March – Vacant
7th April – Vacant
5th May – Vacant
2nd June – Vacant
7th July – Vacant
4th August – Vacant
1st September – Vacant
6th October – Vacant
3rd November – Vacant
1st December – Vacant
THIRD SUNDAY Coordinators
20th January– Mrs. Ihechi Obiagwu/Mrs. Imiebihoro Mayaki
17th February – Mrs. Linda Onwudinjo/Mrs. Ogochi Erinne c
17th March – Mrs. Blessing Ejiofor Onyechi
27th April– Mrs. Ebelechukwu Biose/Mrs. Ebere Chiedozie
19th May – Mrs. Ifeoma Lolomari
16th June– Lady Anne Amadi
21st July – Mrs. Christiana Diokpo/Mr. Chido Okoli
18th August – Mrs. Nkechi Akpu/Mrs. Priscilla Ofondu
15th September– Mr. Chibuzo Anyanwu/Mr. Chike Ezeilo
20th October– Miss Kasie Okoli
17th November– Mrs. Debbi Egbochuku/Engr. Ginikanwa Adiele
8th December – Mr. Noel Clement/Mrs. Elizabeth Amitaye
There would be opportunity to host the chanting of psalms after providing their historical background. This would be held quarterly. If you are interested, please see the Vicar.
31st March – Vacant
30th June – Vacant
29th September – Vacant
29th December – Vacant
- BANNS OF MARRIAGE: We publish the banns of marriage between Adepitan Adetunji Adegbamigbe andFolashade Elizabeth Aiyedun which will come up on Saturday 26th January, 2019 at The Anglican Church of the Nativity, Parkview Estate, Ikoyi @ 11am. If anyone has any impediment(s) why these two cannot be joined, come and say it. This is the second call.
- 21. HOME VISITATION: If you know any old member that may require visitation at home, please inform any of the Clergy.
- Free Psychotherapy for ANCOPEN members: Aseg Professional Counselling Services hereby offer counselling/psychotherapy services to church members. Interested members should call 08161382905 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12noon to 6pm for counselling services. Aseg counselling services is owned by a church member.
- All women please keep your bags with you all the time and be vigilant.
- Please drop your Hymn book and Prayer book in the seat bag provided.
- PASTORAL CARE: Please feel free to see the Priests for private discussions and prayers on any issue. With God nothing shall be impossible. Also endeavour to share your testimonies with us:
The Venerable Segun Ladeinde (08033242286)
The Venerable Olugbade Adekola (08062079098)
The Reverend Canon Ifeanyi Ezenwa (08023159112)
- TITHE: Obedience is always better than sacrifice. The Lord has
commanded and it is ours to obey. He who has promised is forever
faithful. Pay your Tithes faithfully and see the wonderful hand of God in all that is yours. I beseech you not to allow the devil to steal your joy and blessings.
- INDUSTRIAL CLEANING AND FUMIGATION SERVICES: GLINTKLIN offers Cleaning, Fumigation and De-Ratting services. For further Enquiries, please contact Pius on 08098325231 & 08127325489. Let’s fight against the spread of LASSA Fever.
- ELDERS’ BREAKFAST FELLOWSHIP– holds every 1st Wednesday in a month after Midweek Holy Communion Service.
The Ven. Segun Ladeinde – (08033242286) – Vicar
The Ven. ‘Gbade Adekola (08062079098)– Curate
The Rev. Canon Ifeanyi Ezenwa– (08023159112) – Curate
Sir Amechi Ebeledike– (08032206400) -People’s Warden
Mr. Victor Odeka– (08133031514) – Vicar’s Warden
Dr. Adetokunbo Akanbi– (08053447489) – Director Of Music
Mr. Tosin Ajayi– (08033552898) – Organist
Mr. Samuel Ademola – (08062591132) – Asst. Organist I
Mr. Femi Odukoya- (08065266676)– Asst. Organist II
THE RT REV. DR. HUMPHREY BAMISEBI OLUMAKAIYE, Ph.D
Diocesan Bishop of Lagos and Missioner